So . . . here we are in April - we survived Spring Break here at home, while everyone else in Europe got stuck somewhere else! Hard to believe that the volcano ash that started in Iceland caused so much havoc here. Oh well . . . it didn't cause problems with us, and we thought it was fun to listen to everybody's stories of how they moved about Europe under such crazy conditions - I'm glad things are getting back to normal. It was crazy especially since it was the week that most people traveled due to spring break, and then to have travel plans cancelled right at the end . . . made for unexpected stress, I'm sure. Well . . . we stayed put, mostly because Kate and Mac had qualified to bowl in the European Championship Bowling Tournament. There were kids from 5 different countries represented. Mac placed 5th overall and Katelyn placed 12th. We are very proud of them because they had to "beat" others to even get invited to the tournament and then do well there. It was an exhausting week for us. We had to get up and be out of the house every morning Tuesday to Friday by 7:00 to be at the bowling center that was a little over an hour away. Then we were there until 4:00 each night. Needless to say, I was exhausted and wondered why we didn't stay over at least one night?! Oh well, you know what they say about hind sight??? Anyway . . . congrats to the kids - I'm glad we did it!
ENJOY!!!
Great job Katelyn and Mac!! Congratulations on your wins.
ReplyDeleteHooray to the Cox Family Champs! Now I see what you meant about spending your break bowling! :) That really is quite a schedule for spring break...but summer will soon be upon us, right? ZZZZZZ! We sure got a taste of summer yesterday -- hot, humid and an entire night of booming thunderstorms. Kinda cool in a noisy, blustery way. xoxo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Tame Cox!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to spend your spring break. Hope all had fun and did some other fun things too.
Congratulations Champions! We are
ReplyDeleteso proud of you two. I love your
picture Katelyn. Cool jacket!
Good job Mac!
Grandmother and Grandpa