Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Love - Baseball

Mac on first.
I love this picture of the boys and coaches watching the other teams play.


Checking out the competition.


Mac and the All-Star team . . . Mac is 2nd from the right in front.



Well, I know some of you may be wondering what happened with baseball . . . or not . . . but anyway, I will fill you in on the scoop. Our All-Star team played wonderfully . . . they beat the team from Berlin. :o) When it came time to play the team that had been to the Little League World Series last year, it wasn't quite as pretty. Ramstein beat us and so . . . they are the team to move on. Sad as it was, it was a great experience for Mac to be on the team, and they did have fun while it lasted. Mac made some great friends and learned a lot from the coaches - he'll never forget the time he actually got to play with other boys that really know how to play baseball. He certainly was blessed. Our friends arrived when the tourament ended - well, Julie arrived before the end and even got to see some games - thrilling for her, I'm sure . . . but that's why you haven't heard the end of the baseball story. So . . . another summer love is lost - but we will certainly look for a German team to play with this fall instead of doing that crazy wrestle thing - we think we may have a lead on that one. :o) We will certainly keep you posted. So . . . I thought I'd post a picture of the All-Star team from our region and our number 1 player - who just happened to be number 1 as well. :o)
ENJOY!!!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, such "classic" pictures... and I too like the one along the fence. It's cool that there's such a sense of familiarity so far from home. Hooray for NUMBER ONE!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures, Lydia. I'm very happy for Mac and his team. Please pass along our congrats.:)

    Before we left SV, Andrew's baseball team went on to win the National League championships but that was as far as they went, still a thrill for Andrew. Once we arrived here in GA he went to a one on one baseball camp with a retired Reds player. He learned a lot and is now signed up to play fall ball. We'll see how it all goes...
    Call me on my cell so we can chat.:)
    Fondly,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA!! I hope your day is fabulous! Love, ABCD

    ReplyDelete