| This slideshow design generated with Smilebox |
As you can see, we went to ITALY for our summer vacation!!! Our Italian Dream started in Verona, Italy. We saw the Roman Theater . . . which is still being used today. They have operas, plays and other various things happening there. Cool, huh?! After checking the theater out, we headed over to Juliet's house. :o) We saw where Romeo and Juliet professed their love! We even had the opportunity to leave our own love message. The balcony wasn't as big as I had pictured. (Check out the recent movie "Letters to Juliet" to see more of what we saw! I think it's a good movie.) Of course, then we were off to the market square for pizza . . . I mean, you can't spend your first night in Italy without having wonerful, thin and crispy, real Italian pizza.
ENJOY!!!
Oh my gosh! What fun you all must have had. Dit you all go home and watch "Romeo and Juliet"? Or did you watch it before so you would know what you would see? Thanks for sharing the pictures. You all look great and can't wait for more adventures on the other side. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Miss L, I wanted that slide show to go on and on and on!!! My Romeo does not know it yet, but I hope to visit Verona some day, to make hearts and initials on the wall, and roam around that pretty city. Of course we will let the shorter Romeo tag along. too! :) And what a coincidence!-- "Letters to Juliet" just arrived in my mailbox today. Now I can't wait to see it! xoxo
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your post reminds me of a fun young sommelier I met last year. He was helping an obnoxious Bridezilla at a cool/funky wine store in our old neighborhood. After the Bride left he apologized for the lonnnng wait and gave me a free private wine/champagne tasting lesson (since I was shopping for selections for our 'Wine & Chocolate' Valentine's party). In an abundance of caution, I barely even wet my lips since I was driving, but it was fun and he insisted I call him by his proper name -- ROMEO, with the European pronunciation... Ro-MAY-oh! (LOL!)
Looks like y'all had a great time! We just rented "Letters to Juliet" last weekend. I thought it was a good movie. Could have used more romantic scenes but still good! You are right that balcony isn't that big.
ReplyDeleteI bet the pizza was delicious! We ate pizza in Italy many years ago and that is really all I remember about the vacation, that and the big stone oven...kinda sad, gettin' older and loosing my memory.
Call me soon~
Yea! Finally some pics of Italy. So much of it looks similar to what we saw in Nice. Of course, Nice was built by the Romans. And I think they must have used the same plans for all the coliseums. Looks like the one we saw in Arles.
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing your Venice show, I realize we saw very little of it. Our tour guide got us there very late, later than all the other buses, so we only had about an hour before we boarded the ship for our cruise. Lucky you, to have so much time there.