So . . . Mac has been wanted to rock climb ever since he saw this super-fantastic rock climbing wall at the much talked about new BX/PX in Ramstein, Germany. Well . . . on the day of October 30th our hot water and heat were due to be turned off for 28 hours . . . until right before Trick-or-Treating on the 31st. We decided to drive the hour away, have a great American dinner and spend the night in the new lodging connected to the largest PX. We had so much fun shopping, eating and hanging out at the mall . . .oh, yea . . . and Mac had fun rock climbing!
ENJOY!!!
Dang, that's an incredible rock wall! Mac, weren't you scared?! If I ever fell into a crevasse or slot canyon and had to climb my way out I'd be nothing but hyena food. As for Ramstein... we had no post or base in our area, so visiting that place was a BIG deal to us... and so much fun. Those were the days of mad cow, so the guys dreamed of American burgers (and American TV in lodging). T talks about Ramstein to this day... and of course, I loved the tiny Kathe Wohlfart "cabin" which was outside the old PX. I wish going to the PX/BX here was such an event! :) xoxo
ReplyDelete