Okay . . . so I know you've been waiting for some great stories about what's going on around here. Well, since there's been a little bit of a lapse in posting, I thought I'd start with some of our Christmas break happenings . . . We were able to go to one of the Army's newest Armed Forces Recreation Centers - Edelweiss, in Garmisch, Germany. It opened in 2004 and it's a beautiful facility.. It's located in the Alps and they did a fantastic job on the property . . . we felt lucky to get to go. (You have to put your name in a lottery type pool for a chance to get a room in May before December . . . we weren't even here. One of our neighbors was able to have their name drawn and didn't need as many rooms as planned, so we lucked out!) Of course, the town of Garmisch is also just a fantastic getaway. Garmisch sits at the bottom of the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain peak. They hosted the 1936 Winter Olympics. In fact the day we left they were having one of the ski jumping competions for qualifying for this Olympics. Anyway . . . we went to Garmisch several times when we were staioned here before, and it's still just as lovely . . . we will definitely be going back!
ENJOY!!!
AWESOME! I'm writing you an email now. xoxo
ReplyDelete