John on skis for the first time in his life . . . it only took him 50 years to try it! Good for him, I say! He did a great job!
We did it . . . I actually got the family on skis! The Alps were a great place for the family to start their lessons. I know that is amazing news for most of you . . . but it's true. I have been on the long, skinny sticks before, but the family hasn't. It was fun to see them try something that I actually like . . . and that I had some kind of knowledge of . . . I'm not saying I'm a professional or even great like these Olympians we're seeing . . . I'm just barely okay. But, it was fun to share that with the family. We took a private family lesson with a German ski instuctor names Babsy. She was little and cute and probably older than John - I know, hard to believe! HA! :o) Anyway . . . she spent quality time with us and gave everyone a nice foundation of what to do and how to do it. Then we were off! Here are some pictures to prove it! We will definitely have to find time to do a little more skiing . . . since the snow keeps falling around here, we just need to find hills nearby . . . almost 2 months of it now!
ENJOY!!!
Mac shows off some of his skills. (He's the one in the middle of the shot basically . . . wearing a red shirt with beige pants.)
The Backyard! Oh, this looks great... good on you for getting everybody out there! I'm not a skiier, but I'm a very good gear-watcher ... a job I LOVE when lounge chairs (outside in the snow) and a good book are involved. I'm available ANY time! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! Tell Mac he looked pretty good for a beginner. I am sure he and Katelyn will come back skiing like pros! What a place to learn!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I am with Chris, I could watch the gear and be a very happy camper!
Lydia, the "snow" where you've fallen looks like the texture of grass, maybe that has been painted white. And there is hardly any snow on the mountains in the background! What gives!
ReplyDeleteEverybody looked good. Hope you do get back to the slopes some more this winter!
Eileen
John, I am 76 and have never tried it. I'm glad Kate and Mac are getting started while they are young. After seeing some experienced skiers in the olympis fall down the slopes I will continue to just watch.
ReplyDeleteBRAVO! I'm SO proud / excited / thrilled that you managed to get the whole family skiing!! Especially John! I don't know what they were told as children but Bill also has never been remotely interested in skiing either. I do ski, at least I did. I last went skiing with my parents 10 years ago. Bill didn't try it! :( He seems to think he will automatically break a leg if he ever puts on skis. However, I would LOVE for our family to learn and enjoy this fun sport. This is a goal of mine! I'm no expert either but I did take skiing fro PE in college! (More like ice-skiing there!) Anyway, my hat's off to you Lydia!
ReplyDeleteLOVE, ABCD