So . . . just wanted to post what I did yesterday. I went to a decoupage class and made this tissue box. Now, the interesting thing is that everyone else used napkins to do their projects. I went prepared and brought tissues that were Americana because I figured that the teacher wouldn't have any Americana ones. Boy was I right . . . there were all kinds of floral ones that were absolutely beautiful . . . but NOT red, white, and blue. I am happy to let you know that the napkins were 2 ply, but the tissues were 3 ply. After we pealed the layers apart, we painted the boxes a base paint first - I used white. Then we put glue all over one side at a time. The next step was to put the tissue down and then carefully add glue to the top of the tissue. You then had to dry (with a hair dryer) the glued tissue and then cut the edges. After you completed this on all the sides we added the sealer. All in all it was quiet fun, and now the naked tissue box is all dressed! (The bonus of all this was the fact that I remember my Mom doing all kinds of decoupage when I lived here as a child! Funny how all it's all come full circle.)
ENJOY!!!
Perfect!!!!! Did you put the box together too? YOU ARE becoming quite "crafty" Lydia!
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't we think of doing some of those things while you were here? Oh, we were too busy shopping for deals!!
Very cute and I know looks perfect in your house! I also know where those tissues came from!! Yes, we were too busy shopping to craft. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute I would catch a cold just to come borrow a tissue! :) Wish I could have been in class with you. Mine would probably have involved something in pink, of course. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see you have added to the Red White and Blue Cox Collection!
ReplyDeleteLove
chris
Seriously, they sell kleenex that looks like that?!! And Helenabelle even knows where to buy them!!
ReplyDeleteCute, and you are staying out of trouble!
Eileen
Yes . . . we bought them together in AZ at Marshall's! :o)
ReplyDeleteMy firs impression was that it was a flower pot holder then I scrolled down. Very cute.
ReplyDelete