I thought I'd post a picture of what a "Super Mom" would do. So . . . there are grills outside of the chapel here on our airfield. There was a celebration the other day, and the grill was going to be used to heat burgers or hotdogs or something. Anyway . . . the people that were going to do the cooking, opened the grill - only to find a fabulous home for some Mommy bird! She had laid 9 tiny, cute, red-speckled eggs in the most beautiful nest! I mean, she really went to town with all the fluff for the tiny birds to be! Mama Bird flies in an out through the exhaust pipe on the grill. (Thank goodness it's not a gas grill, certainly that would have been a distaster for her!) I got a picture of what it looks like now . . . it won't be long, though, I'm sure. I will try to get a picture of the babies once they're hatched and show that off too. That is one Super Mom, I say!
ENJOY!!!
How precious! Just in time for
ReplyDeleteMother's Day. Keep an eye on them.
Hope you are having a fabulous time
even though you are away from home
this Mother's Day.
Grandmother and Grandpa
Oh my gosh, what a sweet way to start Mother's Day weekend. Glad ya'll were smart enough to leave the nest alone. One time at Bragg a pair of birds built a pretty nest in a springtime floral wreath I'd hung on our front storm door. When five little eggs were laid I was afraid they would break with all the opening and closing of that glass door... so I carefully moved the wreath (and the attached nest with eggs) to our rarely-used storage area door just five feet away. Sadly, after I moved the wreath the parents never returned... not even after I moved it back! :( Learned a HUGE lesson on that one. xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat a surprise! I hope you will get a picture when the eggs hatch! It will be a treat to see all the baby birds.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun for everyone!
Wow, now that is some eggs!! I don't think I've seen a nest with that many eggs before. Red-speckled, not seen that ever!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day, Lydia.
Ann