| Slideshow design made with Smilebox |
Next stop was Luxembourg . . . it wasn't too far, so we continued northwest and spent one night there. The history of Luxembourg goes back to the year 963 A.D. when the Count of the Ardennes had a castle built on a rock overlooking the river. Later a French fortress builder turned Luxembourg into one of his masterpieces, known as the "Gilbraltar of the North". At it's height this fortress had 24 forts and was linked underground by a 15 mile network of tunnels. (Isn't it nice to get a history lesson each day - from Lydia, no less! Ha!)
ENJOY!!!
Nice! And yes, I do love the history lessons! :) Did I ever tell you that my Uncle married a Luxembourger and ran a bar/bistro over there? I finally got to see the place around 2002... many years after he died. Man, those two could cook, although I did not appreciate their skills when I was little. Everything they prepared was made with a splash of wine (and occasionally involved a bunny). xoxo.
ReplyDelete