Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Had a Dream, Too!

Enough said . . . I had a dream, too!!!  For MLK day, I had a dream to go to Poland and pick out my own Polish Pottery . . . and I got to do it!  How fantastic!!!  It was kind of a last minute trip, but I certainly made the most of it . . . here's the proof  - Watch out . . . 


 At the first shop - at 6 a.m. trying to be cool and pour myself a cup of whatever might be in that fabulous pot . . . who knows, maybe it's magical . . . it might pour out cash!  Or not!


 Missy - the world's greatest driver!  She had to listen to all of us on the narrow, dark and curvey Polish roads - and even avoid a fox running in the road!!!  (Don't worry, no one got a coat out of the deal!) 


All my treasures . . . there were bargains galore!!!  I just love it - and it's fun to mix and match!!!


One of the main reasons I decided to go were these glasses.  I had seen them at a friends house and was told they weren't being made anymore - I was thrilled when we came across them - they are absolutely perfect!!!


The other main reason I wanted to go was to get the dog dishes.  I'd been looking for them at every bazaar and they never seemed to have the large ones.  Well . . . I got them in Poland, and it's the perfect match for the rest of the kitchen!!  Yeah!!!


Check out the plates on the wall outside one shop - or sklep . . . funny name for it, isn't it?!


One of the gals, Sondra, and I thought these letters were very cool and would be neat to have in with our names spelled out . . . however, they didn't have them, and I went away sad.  :o(   Too bad since COX would have been cheap!!!  Oh well . . .


One of the artists working on the handpainted pottery . . . everything is handpainted!!!



A pot in one of the roundabouts.  Cool decoration for the city.  (Love the church in the background, too!)

The group of girls that I went with - Shelley, Missy, Sondra, Linda, Betina, and me . . . Lydia the great!
(That's for you - Mom, Dad & Chris!)

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like such a fun trip! You were able to get some great pieces. I love the dog dishes............how cute are they? Sometime when you back here, we should share a glass of something in those glasses, I love them! Thanks for sharing.
    Miss you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! What a fun adventure in EUROPA!!! I have never seen those glasses, how cool! Wish I had known you were going... I desperately need some lunch size plates and a few more specific-style coffee mugs, but not the ho-hum kind you find at the PX/BX. I know you would have picked out exactly what I would have chosen myself. BTW: Do you KNOW how much all that pretty potteryness would cost back here these days? Let's just say I received a small berry bowl as a gift and the company accidentally put the invoice in the box -- $65!!! I hope you shopped until you dropped! xoxo PS. We had to swerve to avoid the Mushroom Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finally getting to Poland!! Looks like lots of fun. I love the big PP statues in the turn arounds.
    The glasses look really neat. I'm glad that you were able to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glasses and dishes are beautiful! So glad you were able to get to Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You must have been in Polish Pottery heaven! And to find all the things you were looking for. Too bad we didn't find that place on the way back from Berlin. Now, I wish I had bought more. Still haven't claimed one for myself yet. It's not like I need it.

    Glad you had a wonderful, successful shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete