Monday, September 27, 2010

The Colossal Coliseum

So . . . we finally arrived in Rome . . . and our first stop on our Roman Holiday - The Coliseum.  Hard to imagine that it was built oh so many years ago . . . construction began in 70 A.D.  Amazing to have all this history right at our feet . . . cool!  Would have been fun to see all the people - 50,000 cheering for their favorite gladiator.  It was neat to see all the tunnels and the areas where the caged animals were kept.  A very old, yet modern structure. 
ENJOY!!!



 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow made with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I am sure you will all remember your visit to Rome and the coliseum. What a trip you have been on! So jealous!!!!! You all look great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you Lucky Ducks!!
    Your pictures look wonderful! I'm so glad you ALL got to have a break and have a fun vacation. :)
    Love, ABCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOT DAWG, IT'S ROME! I was, and still am, totally enchanted (make that enraptured) by that place! I wish you had made a video so I could have been with you every step of the way!!! Hooray, hooray, hooray! OK, there are way too many exclamation points in this comment, but I am genuinely delighted to see these pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed viewing all the great pics. of the Cox Summer Vacation....but I am just lovin' those sunglasses that Mac and Katelyn are wearing!!
    Looks like everyone had a blast!!
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete