Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day of the Animals???

Well, a little break from the Italy trip . . . yesterday was the Day of the Animals.  (???)  I think I heard on the radio that someone, somewhere in Europe - actually - started this day in the 1930s.  I didn't take the time to research it or even really find out what it was all about - but I did take the new puppy . . . well, not so new puppy to get a blessing at the chapel.  (I know this makes all my catholic friends very happy!)  There were lots of friends for Scarlett to meet there!  She really enjoyed herself.  (And unlike her sister, Antenna - she didn't bark at any of them!)  I do believe that's Scarlett's already blessed and we're blessed by her as well; well . . . most of the time, anyway.  Acutally, maybe it should have been an exorcism - since she has already chewed up several, and I mean several pairs of our shoes!!  I know you ask . . . "Why not put them away?" - if you saw the size of our closets - you would NOT ask that question!!!  So . . . 
ENJOY!!!
                Scarlett wonders where all the animals came from - she'd love to play with all of them!!!

This is Father Rodriquez giving Scarlett an official blessing - her friend, Sierra is behind her being held by the girl in the HS spirit day pajamas.  (Sierra is kind of  a "relative" - well, the same breed- to Chuy and Oliver - Antenna's best friends!)


                            Some soldiers brought their work companions.  :o)  A very nice touch.


 Scarlett and her best friend, Ginger - who lives across the street - a husky/lab mix.  In fact, Antenna knew Ginger when Ginger was just a brand new puppy in Pennsylvania. 

Scarlett - don't you wonder what's going on in that tiny, little brain of hers?!

4 comments:

  1. Grandmother, Grandpa and AntennaOctober 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    Scarlett looks very happy and glad to be blessed.
    Antenna misses her family and all her K-9 friends from the old neighborhood. She loves to
    walk and see where all the various solo barks originate. Wolf, wolf; arf,arf and a bow-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had pet a blessing day in OKC at the Episcopal school that Alex and Chris went to. We brought Shadow, our cat. Lots of dog, cats, birds, some reptiles and even one horse! :) Scarlett looks like a very sweet dog! Love, ABCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took a quick peek at this post yesterday, but had to run off real quick... the blessing is such a wonderful way to celebrate Miss Scarlett! I'm glad she cannot read because she would not like to know you think she has a tiny brain! ;) I bet with all those furry friends around, she wishes it was blessing day EVERY day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lydia she is growing up so fast!! Where do the days go? Looks like a lot of fun. Chui and Oliver would have loved to have been blessed but only by the Baptist preacher.:o)
    I know Scarlett anxiously awaits the day she can meet her older sister!

    ReplyDelete