Saturday, March 19, 2011

Winners!!!

Okay my Daddy is the winner!!!  He guessed perfectly!  His guess of the chair backs was exactly correct.   That's what one of the up close pictures was.  Denise also guessed correctly, in that it's furniture!  So . . . congratulations, pat yourselves on the back!!!  We finally found the dining room furniture that we wanted.  We sold our set before we came over here with the intention of finding some antique that we wanted.  Boy, did we find it!!!  Today, I'll post pictures of the table . . . then in the following days the 2 other pieces that we got.  The furniture is from France - although the people look like they're from The Netherlands with their wooden shoes, and all.  Anyway, it's called Brittany . . . from the western peninsula region.  The furniture is carved with scenes from day to day life in that area.  I just love all the people!!!  When we first saw this kind of furniture after we arrived here . . . we knew it had to be ours.  So . . . here you see my Christmas present.  (The next ones are my Valentine's Day present and my Anniversary present!)  :o) 
ENJOY!!!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How perfect for you and your family! Can't wait to see it in your dining room (somewhere that I can visit)............. Looking forward to doing just that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... I really like it! I love sculptures and carvings in furniture. It's so interesting! Do you have any idea what the pictures represent? It looked like a story of some kind.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete