Monday, June 15, 2009

Big Golf Tournament




Well, Mac has been taking golf lessons during the past school year. During lessons he hits a ton of balls at the driving range. What he really enjoys is the times he gets to go out on the golf course with his instructor and hit the holes (or balls). He has even played a few times with John. Last Tuesday, he finally got an opportunity to see what it would be like to play in a tournament for real. He did very well. (Well, with the execption of the first hole of his very first tournament!) He really decided to get the most for his money on that one . . . he GOT to hit the ball 16 times! :o) He calmed down after that and even got par on a hole - which means he got what you're supposed to get . . . and a birdy on a hole - which means he got one under par. His instructor said he did well, he thought he did well, and we thought he did well. But most of all, he said it was really fun! So . . . there you have it! ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mac, My first and last game of golf was a company sponsord scramble. I think out of the 18 holes we played my ball only once, (I had a luck shot). I think I lost 4 balls. Our team did not win any awards but had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From T: Mac, the first hole on that course is a tough one, so good for you for getting past it and having a good time anyways! You are lucky to golf so much. I'm surrounded by courses here, but have not played since Ft H. You will have to give me some tips next time we hit the links together, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mac!!! I know it was fun even with all the wind out here. Golf is a game you can play forever, unlike some others. Keep swinging!

    ReplyDelete