Monday, February 21, 2011

A Rebellious Thanksgiving

So . . . we wanted to be rebellious and thought the best way to do that was to spend Thanksgiving in the motherland!!!  Off to London, England we went.  We couldn't have asked for a better time . . . well, we could have asked for nicer, clearer, brighter,  and warmer weather - BUT it didn't rain, so, it was perfect, I guess.  We got to see all the highpoints in London and even got to take in some theater  . . . Oliver - how classically English!  It was a nice production and we all enjoyed it!  We saw the London sights from high above London in the London Eye.  Friends that moved to England from Germany this past summer came to spend that day with us.  It was wonderful getting to see them again and spend some time together.  We also spent some time at Windsor Castle . . . hoping to see the Queen, but no, she couldn't be bothered . . . maybe she was having a turkey dinner with her family!  Ha!  We got to see Big Ben, Parliment, Buckingham Palace, Harrod's, The Tower of London, Piccadilly Circus and even Westminster Abbey.  We certainly packed a lot into our Thanksgiving Vacation.  Hope you enjoy all the many, many pictures that follow!
ENJOY!!!
 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow created with Smilebox
  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great show, Lydia. How nice you were able to connect with your friends. You covered a LOT of territory in a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JKLM! I loved your pictures! I didn't know that you went to London for Thanksgiving... neat! although I have to admit that I was confused at first with Thanksgiving being in February! :) I really liked your choice of music too!
    Love, ABCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had a great time!! I let Andrew look at the pictures, he enjoyed seeing Scotland Yard...Sherlock Holmes and of course the pictures of Mac. :o)
    Does look a wee bit cold, though!!
    I'm so glad that y'all are able to see and do "Europe."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe one of those taxi's would be good to bring home with you when you come, since that is what moms and dads provide for their children, TAXI SERVICE!!!!
    Great pictures, Lydia. I know you are going to miss all the wonderful sights of Europe when you finally do get back to the states.

    ReplyDelete