Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Update!

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Cox Clan!  So . . . my dad is doing better.  He has been moved to a rehab hospital and is getting quite a bit of physical and occupational therapy.  Thank you for your prayers . . . and please continue to pray for his recovery.  By the way, Mom is also getting stronger and stronger everyday since her twice hospital "incarceration" right before Dad's surgery.  Needless to say, they've just been hanging out at hospitals for the spring!!!  As for our family here in Germany . . . we've also had the sick bug . . . Mac is "surviving" Mono  . . . you got it - the kissing disease!!!  He had a fever for 15 days . . . and was very, very, very tired and had the sore throat that comes with it.  He had to miss lots of baseball, and even had to miss school.  (Of course, I don't think that he saw that as a problem!)  He, unfortunately, had to be here while we were packing out.  It's nice that most of his energy has returned, and hopefully he will get stronger and stronger everyday as well.  :o)  We plan to fly to the good 'ole USA on June 10.  We'll go to Altus for a few days and then get to San Antonio on the 14th of June.  We'll try to keep you updated as things might change.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
That's about it from here. 
(Next blog entry . . . back to the trips we've been on!)
ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mono, what fun! Andrew had that when he was a senior, and missed most of the football season. Not a happy camper I can tell you! I hope it doesn't take Mac long to recover!
    I am happy to hear that your dad is recovering and your mom too! I will keep them in my prayers! I am sure you are anxious to get there to be with them. Enjoy the last few weeks there and keep us posted. My best to all of you and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who has Mac been kissing!! Hope that EVERYONE in your family recovers and stays well!

    Glad to finally get an update on your US move.

    ReplyDelete