Monday, September 21, 2009

Not What You Expected?!






















Okay??? Are you surprised?? You probably thought you'd see pictures of all our things put away nicely here in Germany, ready for you to visit . . . NO - in fact the SHIPS carrying them haven't even arrived yet. (Yes, that's right, I said shipS!) Supposedly, 1/18 of our crates have arrived. The rest are on 2 other ships. We're not too certain of when they'll be here, but it won't be by the date we were "promised" like the Blog says. I'll have to start a new countdown showing how long over they are. Oh well . . . just gives us more excuses to keep wearing the same clothing day after day since June! Ho Hum!! I just thought I'd show you something that you probably thought you'd never see coming from our pictures. I did some planting! (I have done it a few times in the past, but it's really NOT my passion . . .) I have been fortunate to have the help of my neighbor who does really know what's going on the the "green" world. I got all kinds of plant that should live through the winter and continue to thrive all year long. (We'll see if that happens! And even have proof now with the pictures!) I thought you'd enjoy some brightness from this part of the world . . .

ENJOY!!!





5 comments:

  1. You were right!!!! I would never have guessed that you had planted flowers. They are very pretty. I did not recognize them as a common flower. Very nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I would not have guessed that you were doing some gardening!!! I hope you can keep them growing, show the plants some love, Lydia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you glad you aren't in charge of the entire yard? What you did looks very nice, but it sounds like it was an effort for you. It would be for ME!! Thank goodness Tom took care of the yard. What are the sorta spiky lavender things? I like those!
    Sorry to hear your furniture won't be delivered as promised. Gives you time to play instead of unpacking boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO and WELL DONE! You know I love plants, especially colorful ones. I put in those same 'heathers' in NL and they looked pretty all winter. Even if they die you don't have to pull them up because they'll still look texture-y and good!

    I forgot about those inward-tilting windows! We used to have a stray black 'n' white cat come in my craft/computer room through our tilt window. He'd sit right inside the window on TOP of my computer and meow at me while I typed, but never went deeper into the house. Was always afraid I'd find a furry "special gift" on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is unbelievable about your stuff. I wonder which ship has the infamous tequilla barrel??

    ReplyDelete