Well, my new neighbor and friend came by this past Saturday when I was out in the yard and asked what we were going to be doing to enjoy the sunny day in Germany. I told her we didn't really have plans . . . so she helped us make some! We decided to enjoy the warmth of the sun and get some Vitamin D. A hike through the vineyards eating grapes was exactly what we needed. We went to the Niederwald Monument (pictures of that for next time) and then hiking down the hillside in the vineyards above the Rhine River. Our journey ended up in Assmannshauser Hollenberg where we caught a cute cable car (like a ski lift) back to the Monument for our cars. Even though the kids from both families didn't want to participate in the supposed "death march" hike they ended up enjoying themselves and the sunshine!! There will be more pictures posted soon.
Looks like everyone is enjoying all the greenery. Bet is took some getting used to after living at the "edge of the empire." Must be a little chilly though, I see sweatshirts and jackets.
Yes it is cold . . . it's downright "chilly-dog" as John says!! If we owned coats you'd see them instead!! :o) (And it did take a while to get used to all the green and loads and loads of trees!!) Miss y'all . . .
So glad you are taking advantage of every nice day to visit areas around you. Soon the winter snows will set in and you might not be able to travel much.
Looks lovely. We missed you yesterday at the luncheon. Did you get your household goods yet? I hope all arrives safely. Keep the pictures coming!
ReplyDeleteLooks like everyone is enjoying all the greenery. Bet is took some getting used to after living at the "edge of the empire." Must be a little chilly though, I see sweatshirts and jackets.
ReplyDeleteYes it is cold . . . it's downright "chilly-dog" as John says!! If we owned coats you'd see them instead!! :o) (And it did take a while to get used to all the green and loads and loads of trees!!) Miss y'all . . .
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are taking advantage of every nice day to visit areas around you. Soon the winter snows will set in and you might not be able to travel much.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Grandmother
wonderful. I love these photos - I like seeing the countryside and the pics of the kids.
ReplyDeleteI hope all is well!
chris