Monday, October 25, 2010

Sorrento Smiles

Next we were off to Sorrento, Italy.  The only word I can say to describe our drive to this seaside city is GORGEOUS!  And I mean really, really breathtakingly gorgeous!  It's a curvey road along the coast and all of it is beautiful!  Our pictures do NOT make it look half as enchanting.  It was certainly worth the trip!!!  I hope our family can remember how beautiful the views were that day - to last a lifetime.  The city of Sorrento is famous for their inlaid wood.  We got to see a demonstration on how it is made - loads of work and artistry . . . we only came away with a small chess set - otherwise, we'd have to sell ourselves to pay for more.  :o)  They are also well known for their cameos.  Beautiful, once again.  We spent quite some time looking for the perfect one . . . but never quite found it - maybe we'll have to go back again!  :o)  Oh, one last note . . . the song on the slideshow is "Come Back to Sorrento" . . .  so there you have it.
ENJOY!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. SPECTACULAR!!! You were able to angle for some great shots, L -- what jaw-dropping views!!! I must have been too busy sampling the local limoncello(s) to notice the views and the inlaid wood. Ha ha! Guess I will have to go back with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! I love the color of the ocean...do you see why I must live at the beach, a pretty one?? I hope everyone will remember the views,too.
    Funny, I just read Pinks comment above, I had a Limoncello just last night. Yummy!!
    Will y'all be able to take another vacation before you pcs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandmother and GrandpaOctober 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM

    Glad that you were able to see Sorrento. I am so glad that John did not have to drive through the mountains to get there. It is beautiful!
    I can hardly wait to see where the next trip takes the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I know all of you will remember this trip (a trip of a lifetime, I think!!!)
    Thanks for sharing with us all.
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete