Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Louvre Museum

Okay, so here you have it . . . Most of you know that I am NOT a museum lover . . . I'll go, but it's just not my thing.  It's not that I don't want to learn and see new things - it's just I'm quickly bored.  I figured that since John and I had gone to The Louvre the last time we were here, I had already checked that box . . . BUT I certainly did want Katelyn and Mac to see it all for themselves . . . (well, not ALL . . .)!!  When we got the opportunity on our tour, we decided to give it a whirl . . . and that we did!  Here are some of the highpoints of our trip to one of the world's largest museums!!!  (By the way, it IS the world's most visited museum . . . so now the kids can say they've visited it!  Yea!)





Of course, the main reason, I believe that most people come is for the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci.  I may be wrong, but that's what I think anyway . . . here it is in all it's glory.  Smaller than you'd think it would be . . . and certainly protected.  By real people and then glass over it to stop the flashes that people refuse to turn off.  We also posed with the Venus de Milo . . . another of the famous highpoints of visitors!

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're a good parent to expose your children to cultural sights as well as fun things. They certainly hit the highlights in Paris. A trip to the top of the Eiffel was super! There's a great book about the building of the Eiffel. Lots of well-known Americans in it.

    Eiffel's Tower: And the World's Fair Where Buffalo Bill Beguiled Paris, the Artists Quarreled, and Thomas Edison Became a Count by Jill Jonnes

    ReplyDelete