Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baseball Season

So, as pretty much everyone knows . . . it's baseball season. Much like others, here at our house we are always at the ball field. Mac is playing again this year, and for the first time, he's in the Major's division. Of course, that's cool because they're just like the real Major League Baseball players - only now Little League. So . . . If you haven't been to a real game or even a little league game, let me tell you - they're quite long! We normally are at the field a half hour before the game starts to warm up, then the game takes about 2 hours, then with the "coach talk" afterwards add another 15 minutes and it's 2:45 before we've even gotten in the car . . . that adds another 15 coming and going - so all in all it's 3 hours and 15 minutes to be a little league player. That's time we'll never get back . . . but mostly it's worth it! Mac has been playing since he was 5 at Fort Bragg and this is the 9th season he's played in. He is currently playing for the Cardinals, and they're an okay team. He either plays shortstop, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, or pitches. (I guess, I should have said infield!) :o) He is very, very fast - gets it from me . . . and I think does quite well. He's got a decent team and really should only improve with the season. He loves it and that's what counts . . . oh and by the way, we have 23 games to play - and we aren't counting practices!! So, what I thought I'd post is him batting during try-outs . . . this was in March 09. Oh, and for some of you "readers" out there, I believe he's wearing his Pirates untiform from last year . . . thought that would make you happy! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment