Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Cholla Cactus

Okay, okay . . . I know I keep saying that we're not outdoorsy people, and we're not - clearly you can see that by the mirror on the side of the van in this picture . . . but I do love the cactus!! Here's a picture of a cholla (choy-ya) with beautiful purple blossoms on it. We saw it today as we were coming back on post. I just had to pull the camera out and take a quick picture . . . of course, all the while embarassing the 2 smaller people in the car! Anyway, I think it's wonderful the way it's blooming and I like it. I am not sure if it's a jumping cholla or a staghorn cholla, but it's one of them. (So maybe you didn't learn quite so much today on the blog . . . but at least you saw a picture of one of them!?) ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment