Thursday, May 14, 2009
A Dirt DEVIL and The Roadrunner
Just so you know . . . once again, we aren't outdoorsy - although, I'm sure you're not beginning to believe it?!! Anyway, Look at the last two truly AMAZING things that we saw outside here in Arizona! I saw this roadrunner in the parking lot behind our house. I only wish I could have gotten closer . . . I had to zoom to get this, and my camera is not the best zooming camera around, so . . . But you can still get the idea. (It kinda takes you back to your cartoon days, doesn't it?! I know you're humming the song right now, aren't you . . . roadrunner the coyote's after you . . . roadrunner, if he catches you you're through!!!) Now that's something that you won't be able to get out of your head!! :o)
Oh well, and now to the dirt devil. WOW!! It was just so huge! I mean really, it was almost as big as that mountain in the background. It reminds me of growing up in Oklahoma . . . you know where the wind comes rolling down the plain, and the waving wheat, it sure smells sweet . . . I digress . . . Mac saw it as we were leaving golf lessons. I just had to stop the van and get a picture of it . . . I'm glad I wasn't in the middle of that with my mouth open - talk about mud in your mouth! Imagine that?! Yuck! Anyway, it was truly cool!! Hope you enjoy more pictures of the outdoors here in Arizona!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, this is sooo cool! I lived many years out in Desert Hot Springs, California and we hand many Roadrunners. Believe it or not, a few of them even came up to me and I'd give em a bit of bread or whatever I might have had. Here in Altus, we have very few and I do miss them, ever so much. Thank you for the memories!
ReplyDelete