Friday, May 1, 2009

Oma and the Saguaro


Okay, I've said how much I like the occotillos, now I thought I'd add a picture of another kind of desert plant life that I really, really love - the saguaro. (You pronounce it sa whar o.) Anyway, and with the beautiful saguaro is our wonderful Oma. One of her visits was in December of 2007 and here's a picture of her at the airport with John and the kids. Unfortunately, we don't have saguaros growing by the millions here like they do in Tucson and Phoenix. :o( We're in the high desert so they grow here - but they have to be transplanted. (Kinda like us!) Oh, and by the way . . . John told me that if you move a saguaro you pay $100 a foot for the "dirty job" that's where he found out - on the Discovery Channel show. Now that includes measuring the arms even - so it's expensive!! Well, that's enough education from the blog today! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment