Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dining Room & Family Room

So, here's the view standing in front of the famous "chicken chairs". I guess they're officially in the dining room - but I'm not even really certain that's true. Remember it's still a work in progress, so things are changing daily. However, we do have Antenna's bed ready! (See it under the church pew???) Oh and where did the fireplace go???? I wonder?
A view of the piano and antique secretary that now is holding Americana stuff . . . not enough room for the grandmother's silver. Oh well . . . maybe next move.

One of the interesting things about this picture is the small table to the left of the secretary. It holds all the TV equipment, phone and computer router . . . Now're we're really having to live wirelessly. (Oh and where did the door to the backyard go?? I wonder???)

A view from the family room.

A view of the dining room looking into the kitchen. (Thank goodness we sold our dining room set and haven't gotten another one yet - there's no room!)


The sideboard from Fort Huachuca. :o)


Standing in the kitchen looking over the bar.


Still in the kitchen - notice the little antique rocker is coming in handy as a purse holder. :o)

The antique wine barrel from here in Germany that I wanted to match the tequila barrel. YEA! (There's no room for a glass top for it now, but one day, it will make a great pub table with the tequila barrel next to it holding the drinks! Dream on . . .)


So that's it for now with another posting of "home pictures". You can stop me now, if you want . . . or come back tomorrow for the entry way!
ENJOY!!!


4 comments:

  1. It all looks very nice and cozy. I enjoy seeing how each piece of furniture can be re purposed when we move and it certainly looks like you have done a great job with the space you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. I have to hurry up and post my house videos lydia you are winning.

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things look great! I am so glad you were able to find that barrel. You don't need the glass yet, but will be wonderful with the pub chairs you have!
    Thinking of you.................

    ReplyDelete