The cake was supposed to look like a camera since that's what Katelyn was getting instead of a car . . . there was lots of fun had in making this beautiful, licorice trimmed cake. Katelyn's friend, Maddy and her mom and my friend Deb helped make the cake in secret. We laughed and laughed and had tons of fun . . . the unfortunate thing is that now we know that everyone here in Germany will want us to decorate their cakes for them.
So . . . we started October 9th off by having a pancake breakfast in the fabulous, clean unpacked - NOT - house of Cox. Katelyn got to celebrate her birthday with Sam, one of Mac's old friends from the War College in Carlisle. Katelyn and Sam share October 9th birthdays. :o)
The birthday girl with her mom.
Opening presents! YEA!
A fabulous camera - I'm sure pictures will come soon . . . A surprise Mexican themed 16th party at her friend Maddy's house! Katelyn had no idea . . . she thought the girls were all meeting to go to a football game in another German town. She was very shocked and surprised!
Present time . . . Birthday wish time . . . ENJOY!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ((LATE)) K8!!! I am jealous over the festivities morning, noon and night, but especially over that camera cake, made with love (and laughter). I want tickets to "Wicked" for Christmas. Maybe you bakers could whip up a holiday dessert for me... shaped like a stocking with tickets poking out the top?
Happy Birthday K8! I am so happy for you. What a beautiful young woman you are turning into! Looks like you had a very nice birthday. I'm so glad you had some old friends to share it with. Good job Lydia on the cake! ...much better than I could do! Love, ABCD
Wow! It looks like so much fun! The cake looked wonderful and I am sure it was delicious! I am looking forward to some photos from Katelyn, the newest 16 year old! Have fun................
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ((LATE)) K8!!! I am jealous over the festivities morning, noon and night, but especially over that camera cake, made with love (and laughter). I want tickets to "Wicked" for Christmas. Maybe you bakers could whip up a holiday dessert for me... shaped like a stocking with tickets poking out the top?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday K8! I am so happy for you. What a beautiful young woman you are turning into! Looks like you had a very nice birthday. I'm so glad you had some old friends to share it with. Good job Lydia on the cake! ...much better than I could do! Love, ABCD
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday K8 + 8 = 16th. Loved the Birthday Pictures and your cakes. Looking forward to your pictures.
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks like so much fun! The cake looked wonderful and I am sure it was delicious! I am looking forward to some photos from Katelyn, the newest 16 year old! Have fun................
ReplyDeleteSweet 16, Happy Birthday:) Looks like you had a blast, Katelyn! I wish you a year of happiness and laughter!! Post some pictures with your new camera-
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY K8!!!
ReplyDeleteuncle chris