So, today is Easter Sunday. I thought I would post an Easter picture from the "old pictures" and a new one from today. This way we have proof that the children are really growing up. I have proof that they are being fed - maybe not well . . . but at least they're growing, and that they are happy - they do have smiles on their faces! The picture on the bottom is from our church in Virginia - Parkwood Baptist Church - at the Easter Eggstavaganza. The kids had so much fun playing all kind of games and hunting eggs and decorating cookies! The one on the top is from today, Easter 2009. They did participate in an Easter Egg hunt - last night with flashlights! (Well, the boy did, the girl spent time watching America's Next Top Model.) Can you imagine lots of neighborhood kids searching for eggs hidden in the desert with wild animals looking on? I am not kidding when I say this. . . one family had their trash can dumped over after the hunt by several crazy javelina. (You know a wild hog type animal!) This morning we went to the sunrise service and then had a wonderful lunch with 3 other military families - I should say 3 other military families that have terrific cooking skills . . . we are very blessed!
Well, Miss Lydia, you are doing quite well with your family blog. Once you come to California you'll have tons of pictures to post and stories to tell.
ReplyDeleteYou're right . . . I certainly hope we can make it there before we move!!! (fingers crossed!!)
ReplyDeleteLove this Lydia! Miss you and wish you all would get back to Ft. Hood. I cannot believe Emily does not remember Katelyn! Where did the time go. Thanks for sharing!I posted our Easter pics too! too funny about the wild hog...
ReplyDeleteTime flies by very fast. It is great that you are doing this blog.
ReplyDelete