Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Day After




Just thought I'd update you with "The Day After" pictures. Can you believe how different the house looks without one tree? So sad . . . The men cutting the tree down - with an ax, due to the fact that the chain saw wouldn't work - said that the branches on each side touched the two trees on either side of it. I think they were amazed at how big it actually was in the end! (However, this could have been because I don't think they really had all the proper equipment . . . or the people!) The stump is still there, but will be removed this next week. I just wanted you to see what the end result was! (I guess I'm putting more outdoorsy pictures on again, aren't I? . . . ) Oh well . . . ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It really does make a difference. What are they doing with all the wood. I think it would be some pretty good firewood for the firepit.?. How long did it take them to get it down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were here ALL day! I am telling you the truth - it was taken down with an ax!!! The neighbors asked for the wood and were told they could have it . . . but then "poof" it was gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. that was quick. Amazing! Good bye old tree! Thank you for all the oxygen and shade.

    ReplyDelete