Friday, May 29, 2009

Sad Tree Day




So . . . here we are . . . such a sad day. :o( We had such a beautiful set of fir trees in front of our house. Everything was symmetrical . . . and I LOVE that. Now, here comes the sad part. During the winter months, we had a bad storm with lots of lightning. Anyway . . . one of the old fir trees took one for the family. You could see exactly where the strike started and how it bounced down the tree. In the close up picture you see the middle of the tree, but it started at the tip top of the tree and made sparks and came all the way down! It was quite exciting! We had hoped to save it, but alas . . . she's gone to her maker. We are now very sad to report that as of today (or so the grounds people say) that she'll be no more. I thought I'd snap a picture of her last day with us, before she becomes backyard firepit material. :o) It will certainly be a different look to the house! I am actually glad to see her go in this state . . . I was starting to get worried that she was going to come on in the house with some of the wind we get and see what it was like on the inside!! I wonder what they're going to put in her place??? They really haven't committed to that question. I guess it's a good thing we'll be moving soon, so I don't have to worry about it. Anyway . . . life goes on. ENJOY!!


1 comment:

  1. Love your house..Good thing the tree was there..can't image lightening hitting your house!

    ReplyDelete