Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Kitchen

Well, here are the pictures of the kitchen. This is the "bar" side of the kitchen. You can see it's set up for all the "desk" activities . . .
This is looking into the kitchen from bar side. The door to the backyard is on the left and on the right is the doorway to the entry hall. (Notice the orange halloween bowl - I won that at the luncheon this past week . . . lucky girl!)

This is the stove and the counter area around to the fridge.



This is the counter area to the left of the stove with the kitchen window and then sink/dishwasher to the left. (Notice you can't see the garbage disposal - oh that's right, we don't have one!!!)

Another shot of the "bar" side with the dining room window showing just a bit.


Here's the water dispenser . . . with the doorway to the entry hall right to the left of it.


So . . . that' the kitchen. Now, I realize that it is no where near as large as the last one we had with tons and tons of space and even a separate room for food. We are learning to just go to the commissary more frequently - since there isn't room to store food, and we've learned to stack dishes, really well. It's all good.
Now for one last notice on the friendly blog . . . I'm trying to just put a few pictures each day because I realize that my group of friends and family has high expectations for me . . . everyone seems bummed when they can't know what we're up to . . . so, I'm going to pace y'all. Just a bit each day, how about that?!
ENJOY!!!





3 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog! You are doing a wonderful job getting everything set up the "Lydia" way with all of your Polish Pottery and Longerberger baskets! I looked back on all of your past blogs that I hadn't seen. Exciting stuff - ya'll are so lucky to be there and I can't wait to visit! Happy 16th, Katelyn! Hope you got my card! Love and miss ya'll! Laura and Schnitzel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, it's so organized and tidy for such a small space. You're really making the best of things!!! I have to say, all that white tile gives me a chill. We had the exact same stuff in our galley kitchen in Holland... and it covered EVERY surface except the ceiling! It always felt like I was cooking in the bathroom. AAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete