Monday, August 24, 2009

A Backyard Park











Well . . . I know everyone has been wondering what our backyard really, really looks like. I took a few pics of the back of the house so you could get a better idea. I was told today that we'd probably make at least 50 bags of leaves. :o) Wow!! It is beautiful, though, isn't it? And really peaceful, too. The path is so charming . . . all moss covered and a little curvy. (Although, if we don't get the moss off . . . it may be dangerous in the rain and snow.) Antenna is going to love her new yard!! Also, there's a picture of Mac on one of the ropes right behind the fence. (I'm sure not for kids, but for soldiers . . . oh well??!!) Thought you'd like the differences in these vegetation pictures and the ones I'd post from Arizona.

ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. My goodness! What a beautiful yard! I know Antenna will love it............I am sure you can't wait to have her there with you. Mac looks good on the rope!
    Good luck with the moss, that is what comes with shade trees! Hope you get a leaf blower to help with all the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Nelly -- now THAT'S a yard! We had the exact same slippery moss/mold on our brick path (damp) NL, too, but I'm pretty sure it dried up and disappeared when the autumn frosts came. Don't quote me on it... :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandmother and GrandpaAugust 26, 2009 at 7:34 AM

    Antenna is going to have so much fun watering every tree each morning!!!! Marking her territory has never been such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can scrub that sidewalk with a bleach/water solution and that should take care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete