Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Trip to Heidelberg Castle

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Heidelberg Castle
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We got to go to a castle today . . . a real live castle!!! When was the last time you got to say those words??? :o) Well, how cool is that? We took a trip about 50 minutes away to the Heidelberg Castle. It was amazing with all that history!! I mean, they started the castle in the 1200s. That's a really long time ago!! We started the day by eating a pretzel before going into the castle and then finished it off by having a bratwurst with sauerkraut. Can you believe our luck!? Now we know that the kids will enjoy the next castle.
ENJOY!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What memories! Everything looks very green there. Can't wait to go see it for ourselves. thanks for sharing.

    BTW, is that the German flag that John is wearing for a shirt?
    Tom & Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMemories!!! I am so happy to be seeing things again, but through your eyes. Enjoy every moment... it goes too fast. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous! Enjoy all the wonderful sights. I can't wait to see them!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother & GrandmotherAugust 23, 2009 at 1:57 PM

    I remember it well. I took a group
    of seventh graders (28) on a field
    trip to this castle. (NO, they were
    not living in it then!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I felt like I was there in Heidelberg with you all! It is as beautiful as I remember! Aren't the flowers gorgeous everywhere? I never got tired of going to downtown Heidelberg and I'm sure you won't either! Be sure to try the "spaghetti eis" and a funicular ride up to the castle next time ya'll go! Have extra fun and think of me! love ya'll! laura

    ReplyDelete